The Monaural Collection is out now on your favorite streaming services! Check the links below for quick access:
The Nightmare Battles (13 Tracks)
Embracing Fate (15 Tracks)
The Forgotten Battles (12 Tracks)
Dark Anger, for Never (18 Tracks)
The Championship Battles (14 Tracks)
That’s 72 songs that dropped in the last 5 months! And now for some new music…
Turnien is a band that I was in for a short while with two very good friends. We wrote some amazing original songs, and were lucky enough to record 5 of them. Now, with full permission from the rest of the band and a lot of mixing/mastering work by yours truly, I’m bringing those 5 tracks (vocal and instrumental versions – 10 tracks total) to your ears! Turnien’s self-titled album will be releasing on October 1st, and the music will be offered royalty-free just like all of my other songs. I’m looking forward to sharing it with you all! …And sharing starts on September 10th with the first song “To Be King” so be sure to check back or subscribe so you don’t miss it!
Lastly, on the same day Turnien drops I’m going to be launching my Patreon! It’s something I’ve been considering for a long time, and I think I came up with a decent way to run it. Patrons will get access to an online music repository consisting of all of my music – past, present, and future. Access to songs/projects/etc. will be determined by Tiers. The $3/month Tier for instance, includes the entire Monaural Collection AND the original 8 albums that the Monaural Collection was plucked from. That’s 192 tracks for $1 that are yours to use royalty-free… but that’s just the beginning. There are additional tiers at $5, $10, $20, $30, and $50 that unlock a ton of other files (and each tier includes everything from the previous tiers) including unreleased and work-in-progress tracks. Each tier also includes MP3s and high quality WAV files where possible. This will be the first and only place to get high quality WAV files for the majority of my music. I don’t want to stop there though…
Here’s where I need your help! I need to know what else you would like to see offered to Patrons. Just add your comments directly to this post with suggestions, opinions, etc. throughout the month of September and I’ll keep checking back and replying. Here are some of the things I’ve thought up but have not implemented:
- Discord implementation/benefits or unique Discord-only track releases/previews/etc.
- Guitar/Bass tablature released regularly for songs chosen by Patrons via polls
- Guitar/Bass general lessons (recorded videos and tabs/documents for everyone to enjoy, or 1-on-1 video calls over Skype/Zoom/etc.)
- Guitar/Bass lessons that cover how to play my songs chosen by Patrons via polls
- New individual tracks released regularly (requests from Patrons may be considered for specific styles)
- Consistent new work on albums guided by Patron requests and/or polls
- Custom tracks for higher tiers (similar to commissions)
- Gameplay or Let’s Play videos of Patron-chosen games
- Short gaming experiences made in Unity with my music as background tracks
- GM a Pathfinder 2E game for a group of 3-5 higher tier Patrons over Skype/Zoom/Roll20/etc., which could be recorded and released on YouTube or just for Patrons
What sounds good to you, and what else would you be interested in? Let me know in the comments below.